Welcome to NCURA Region III
Region III of the National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA) serves the members of NCURA who work or live in the Southeast Region of the United States and Puerto Rico. It advances the field of research administration through professional development, through the sharing of knowledge, and by fostering a sense of community in the region. The region is known for its geographical diversity including beautiful sandy beaches to majestic mountains and is appropriately represented by our mascot, the Flamingo.
Research Administrators Certification Council
The RACC-CRA review registration is separate from the Region III meeting registration and you can register for it at http://www.cra-cert.org/examschedule.html.
NCURA Region III 2013 Spring Meeting
April 28-May 1, 2013.
Our next Regional meeting will take place in Memphis, Tennessee, at the historic Peabody Hotel, April 28 - May 1, 2013.
Online Registration is Open!
Registration by Check
The Peabody Hotel, located in downtown Memphis, is home to the famous Peabody Ducks. Overlooking the Mississippi River, the Peabody provides scenic views and easy access to excellent restaurants and historic locations such as Graceland, Beale Street, Memphis Zoo, and a variety of museums.
You can expect first class hotel services, amenities and activities. Hotel offerings include; complimentary high-speed Internet access in guest rooms, complimentary use of the health club (includes indoor pool and hot tub), morning newspaper, overnight shoe shine, and coffee and tea service in the lobby each morning at designated hours.
Please take advantage of our special group rates and amenities by reserving through the Peabody's webpage for our meeting, using the link below.
Make a Reservation for the 2013 Region III Spring Meeting
Room Rates (taxes, services fees, or parking are not included)
- Single rate $195
- Double Rate $195
- Triple Rate $215
- Quad Rate $235
Group Rate Ends 4/9/2013 at 5pm central
Parking, Airport Transportation and Directions
REGION III TRAVEL AWARD COMPETITION
The NCURA Region III Membership and Awards Committee is pleased to announce the travel award competition for the Region III Spring Meeting of the National Council of University Research Administrators, April 28-May 1, 2013. Region III will make one $1000 travel award for the meeting. Funds will be made available to the awardees’ institution to defray the cost of attending the meeting in Memphis, Tennessee.
NOMINATIONS are due no later than FRIDAY, MARCH 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM eastern/4:00 PM central time. The nominee must complete the nomination form and attach a one page statement indicating his or her professional development goals, how he or she anticipates that attendance at the 2013 spring meeting will contribute to the attainment of these goals, and how he or she plans to contribute to NCURA. The nominee's supervisor must attach a one page statement citing reasons for recommending the nominee and anticipated benefits to the institution.
Applications will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Whether the nominee is new to research administration
- Justification of the need for the travel award, including whether the nominee has ever attended a national or regional meeting
- How well the nominee's professional development goals have been defined
- How well the nominee has explained how attendance at the meeting will contribute to the attainment of these goals
- Whether the nominee intends to contribute as a volunteer to NCURA
- The anticipated benefit to the nominee's institution; both the nominee's and the nominee's supervisor's statements will be evaluated Please submit the nomination form and the two attachments to Carolyn Elliott-Farino, Region III Membership Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions in one PDF attachment are preferred. Nominations will be collected by and reviewed by the committee. The nomination form can be found at: http://www.ncuraregioniii.com/travel_awardinfo.php.
This would be a great time to nominate someone, including yourself, that you think deserves this award.
Alabama • Arkansas • Florida • Georgia • Kentucky • Louisiana • Mississippi • North Carolina • Puerto Rico • South Carolina • Tennessee • Virgin Islands • Virginia