Welcome to NCURA Region III
Region III of the National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA) serves the members of NCURA who work or live in the Southeast Region of the United States and Puerto Rico. It advances the field of research administration through professional development, through the sharing of knowledge, and by fostering a sense of community in the region. The region is known for its geographical diversity including beautiful sandy beaches to majestic mountains and is appropriately represented by our mascot, the Flamingo.
2013 Senior Service Award
Tony Ventimiglia- Auburn University
Region III Bylaw
SPRING MEETING ~ MAY 3-7, 2014
- The Early Bird Registration Deadline has been extended to April 11th!
- The deadline for registering under the group rate at the TradeWinds Resort is also April 11th. Our room blocks for both Friday and Saturday nights are completely sold out and the other nights are going fast. We recommend that you make your reservation early! To make your reservation to get the best rate available (including the NCURA rate Sunday-Wednesday nights), please call 800-808-9833 group name: NCURA.
- We anticipate the full program will be on the website later in the week.
- Don’t forget to check out the Workshops being offered at the meeting this year!
- We are once again having our charity state competition! Come prepared to donate to the charity and help your state compete for the cup! The Red Cross has been selected again this year. We have also added the NCURA Education Scholarship Fund. Additional information about the fund will be available soon. Both charities are tax deductible.
- There are still plenty of volunteer spots open if you would like to volunteer in any capacity. The room manager/evaluator spots have been added this week. Remember that if you would like to volunteer in any capacity for the meeting, please go to the following link to sign up. Since we are a joint meeting, all volunteers will be organized through the website. There are plenty of openings but Region III is so awesome, we never have to worry about filling all of the slots!
Volunteer link: http://vols.pt/peAPU2
All of the information is located on the Region III website at http://www.ncuraregioniii.com/
AND the joint meeting site at http://ncura2014.digitalunited.net/
The proposed new by-laws are on the website for review. A vote to ratify the new by-laws will be taken at the business meeting at 12:00 noon, Tuesday, May 6, 2014.
Be sure to check the website often for updates, new sessions added to the program, opportunities to volunteer and much more! For questions or comments, please contact Laurianne Torres at email@example.com or Kay Gilstrap at firstname.lastname@example.org .
See you in St. Pete Beach, FL!!
2014 Spring Meeting – SAVE THE DATE!
May 4-7, 2014
TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, St. Pete Beach, Florida
Registration is now open! For Region III individuals wanting to pay by check, the form can be downloaded below. Early bird registration has been extended to April 11, 2014.
Region III Check Registration Form (PDF)
Please note that attendees must use the registration form that corresponds to the region in which they currently reside.
Program at a Glance
Joint Meeting with Region II
TRAVEL AWARD COMPETITION – REGION II/III SPRING MEETING
The NCURA Region III Membership and Awards Committee is pleased to announce that Region III will make one $1000 travel award for the Region II/III Spring 2014 meeting and two $1000 travel awards for the 56th Annual Meeting. Funds will be made available to the awardee’s institution to defray the cost of attending the meeting in St. Pete Beach, FL for the one regional award and to Washington DC for the two 56th Annual Meeting awards.
NOMINATIONS are due no later than WEDNESDAY, MARCH 19th at 5:00 PM eastern/4:00 PM central time. The nominee must complete the nomination form and attach a one page statement indicating his or her professional development goals, how he or she anticipates that attendance at the 2014 spring meeting will contribute to the attainment of these goals, and how he or she plans to contribute to NCURA. The nominee's supervisor must attach a one page statement citing reasons for recommending the nominee and anticipated benefits to the institution. The same documents are required for the 56th Annual Meeting on the same day.
The nomination form and additional information, such as award criteria, can be found on our website, http://www.ncuraregioniii.com/travel_awardinfo.php
Please submit the nomination form and the two attachments to Carolyn Elliott-Farino, Region III Membership Chair: email@example.com. Submissions in one PDF attachment are preferred. Nominations will be collected by and reviewed by the committee.
This would be a great time to nominate a colleague or yourself!
ATTENTION TENNESSEE COLLEAGUES: Whoever has the state cup for the charity contest, please contact Kay Gilstrap at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to make sure all of the states and territories in our awesome region have the opportunity to compete to take it home this year
Alabama • Arkansas • Florida • Georgia • Kentucky • Louisiana • Mississippi • North Carolina • Puerto Rico • South Carolina • Tennessee • Virgin Islands • Virginia